Sunday, August 21, 2011

Unbalanced (but working on it)

I've used the phrase "I have balance issues" more than a time or two in my life. Usually it's when I trip over something, or, more commonly, just fall over for no apparent reason. (And it's made all the more funny because I'm blonde.) But lately I'm having to admit to myself that those "balance issues" are about more than holding on to something when I go down stairs, or avoiding the whole walking/gum chewing issue.

Lately it seems that I'm living a bit of an all-or-nothing kind of life. Want an example? You're looking at it right now. This is my first post this month (after posting 31 times in July.) Now, when I finished last month's challenge, I made the conscious decision to take a breather. But that was only intended to last a few days. (I needed a break, and I figured you did too.) But then I turned around and it's three weeks later, still with no post.

Ok, it isn't just lately. I've been like this for years. (It's just come to my attention several times recently.) And I know what causes it, but that doesn't always make it any easier. So I continue to struggle, and to try to find a balance (or to let a balance find me.) I'll leave it at that for now. Perhaps I'll get deeper into the explanation at another time.

For now I'll just say that I'm still here. And I'm working on it. (And any good vibes you can send my way will be happily accepted.) My plan here is that before too long we'll see posts about all of the wonderful things I've discovered to help me along the way, and how wonderfully balanced everything has become. Yep. That's the plan.

Wish me luck! And remember: When life hand you lemons, be happy. 'Cause, you know, free lemons! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment