Monday, June 10, 2013

Dinosaurs and Angry Birds


It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here


This week was kind of a whirlwind of activity as we celebrated my son's 7th birthday (several times, over the whole week. That's kind of how we do it around here.) We started with the new Star Trek movie and dinner at his favorite Chinese restaurant to kick off the birthday week, continued with a fun day out on Tuesday (for his actual birthday) and finished off with his birthday party this past Saturday.



We had his party at the Arizona Museum of Natural History (affectionately called "the dinosaur museum" for obvious reasons.) It's a fabulous museum, and - as I've mentioned, a couple of times, perhaps - one of our favorite places. It's also, it turns out, a great place to host a birthday party.



I know different people have different views on birthdays, ranging from "It's all about me today" to "It's just another day - no big deal" (and everything in between.) Personally, I've always kind of felt like a person's birthday should be special for them - a day to celebrate being alive.

And even more so for my kids. It's been suggested over the years that perhaps I go a bit overboard for their birthdays. But I say there's no such thing. Those two kids are my world, and I am eternally grateful that they exist. And while I try to show them that every day, I still want to take advantage of every birthday as a chance for a special reminder of how happy I am that they were born.


Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

And if you're a blogger and would like to get in on the LML fun, feel free to grab the code and join the blog hop! Your post doesn't specifically have to use the "LML" label (although you're welcome to use it if you'd like, and the graphic that goes along with it.) If you have any kind of happy, positive Monday message that you'd like to share you're welcome to join. The more happy vibes, the better the Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I believe in big birthday celebrations! It's their own special day and everyone deserves to be made a big deal of once in a while! Birthdays are the perfect occasion to spoil our friends and family members...especially the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I always kind of thought that my birthday was the one day out of the year when I should be treated like I was special. (And somehow I always ended up having to work or go to school, or something less-than-special, so it hasn't always worked out.) But I still always try to make everyone else's birthdays special. And I'm super-lucky to have friends and family that try to do the same for me. :)

      Delete