Monday, July 16, 2012

LML Monday - Tickle Fights, Rain, and BBQ Chicken

Good morning! And welcome to our first installment of LML Monday - the place where we will come to share some things that made us happy over the past week. What made us laugh? What made us smile? What made our lives better? In general, let's talk about things that reminded us how much we love our lives. (If you missed my stance on "LML" you can catch up here.)

Why LML Monday? Partly because I thought it had a nice ring to it, and partly because I figured it would work well with Fun Fact Friday to sort of frame the week. But mostly because Mondays have always kind of gotten a bad rap. Wednesdays have "hump day" going for them, and Friday starts the weekend, but collectively we always moan about "another $*&@! Monday."


So rather than fall into the "it sucks to be Monday" mentality, I figured we could use the time to focus on the happy instead, and set the tone for a great week to come. Who's with me? So here goes, a few things this week that reminded me how much I LML:

Tickle Fights
This seems to be a favored activity around my house, particularly on the weekends. Sometimes I start them, and sometimes the kids do, but we all inevitably get sucked in. There is nothing quite as contagious as my kids' laughter. If you have the chance, I highly recommend engaging in a tickle fight. It is absolutely impossible to be anything but happy while doing so.

Rain
We've been getting quite a bit of rain over the past couple of weeks. (I know, "quite a bit" is relative, but in Arizona any rain is cause for celebration.) Despite the negative effects that the changing barometric pressure has on the chronic pain issues, I still love it. I love the sound of it, and the smell of it, but most of all I really love seeing the sky turn that beautiful shade of grey.

BBQ Chicken
Ok, it wasn't actually the chicken itself that made the moment so great (although it was quite tasty, if I do say so myself.) It was actually my kids' reaction to the chicken. One evening last week my kids asked the inevitable "what's for dinner?" question, and when I told them what I was making they both shouted, in perfect unison, "BBQ Chicken?! Yea!" It was adorable, and completely made my day.

And now it's your turn! What were some of your recent LML moments?

7 comments:

  1. Just had to go back and read the original LML post--a nice thought. You should think about a linky here and let others join in on your LML Monday crusade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion! I'm learning all sorts of new things thanks to the UBC. :)

      Delete
  2. I made tomato-lemon marmalade (from the garden) for the first time, and it is GOOD! Mandy helped me peel millions of Sun Sugar golden cherry tomatoes, and washed & sterilized jars for me. Hopefully we'll be able to set back a few jars to share next time we see you.
    Last night we had dinner & game of chicken foot with in-laws, and I won! -- I think that was a first, too.
    :) LML.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I can't even imagine peeling cherry tomatoes. Of course, y'all always have embraced the gardening life WAY more than I ever did. :) Glad the marmalade turned out well - hope we get to try it!

      It's been way too long since I've had anyone to play chicken foot or Mexican train with. Sounds like fun!

      Thank you for paying attention to the LML Moments (and for sharing them!) Love you sis!

      Delete
  3. All very good reasons to love your life!
    This is similar to my weekly Gratitude, Blessings and Thanks that I do on Sundays at Sunfire's Ramblings.
    You keep your posts short, so that's good.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes - thank you for sharing your link! I don't always have as much time as I'd like to keep up with everyone's posts every day. But I will definitely remember to tune on Sundays for your GBT. Love it!

      Delete
  4. I definitely think that you should encourage others to join up with you for LML Mondays. I do something similar on my blog called Motivational Monday but LML Monday sounds like a great idea. It is always useful to have a reminder of the good things when the chronic pain is kicking your butt!

    ReplyDelete