Monday, January 6, 2014

Because I Love a Challenge

As I've mentioned before, I often find myself inspired by Miss Riki. (And if you still haven't started following her, please do.) I've learned a lot from her over the years, and have grown considerably (as a blogger, and as a person) thanks to her. And now she's done it again.

For the past couple of years I've followed - and loved - her participation in the Goodreads Reading Challenge. And every year I've thought "That looks like fun. I should totally do that." But then I didn't. Because of stuff, and things, and other reasons.

This year, though, I'm happy to say that I've finally taken the plunge, and signed up to participate in the challenge myself.

Since this is my first time, I'm starting conservatively with a goal of 26 books this year. (I figure averaging a book every two weeks seems reasonable.) The optimist in me says that I'll totally blow that goal away in no time. The realist in me says that sometimes conservative estimates are good.

I'll share my progress with you as I go. (Probably monthly. We'll just have to see how it goes.) I hope you'll enjoy the journey with me, and I hope that together we can find some really great books to read this year.

Because you know what they say...


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see how you decide to share the books you enjoy! Congrats on stepping up to the Reading Challenge. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You're such a good influence on me. :)

      Delete