Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When it All Fits Together

Do you ever have those times in your life when everything just seems to be fitting together perfectly, and all signs keep pointing you in the same direction? I love those times!

Over the weekend, just days after I talked to my doctor about my new approach to pain management, that very office happened to be holding a Chronic Pain Awareness Expo. It promised to "highlight a variety of chronic pain topics & community resources" and "provide attendees with helpful information to successfully manage their pain." Just the kind of things I was looking for!

So I managed to line up some last-minute babysitting (thanks again Mom!) and headed over to check it out. Events like this can be kind of hit or miss, so I wasn't sure if it would be worthwhile or not. But luckily, this was one of those times when it actually was.

The one disappointing thing was that I showed up about three hours before the event was scheduled to end, and more than half of the vendors had already left. Even with that, the ones that had stuck around had some great information to offer. I met some great people, got a few product samples, and left with several new things to research and think about.

Feeling bad that so many of the vendors had left early, one of the organizers mentioned that the clinic is having another expo at their main location at the end of the month, and she said it promises to be even bigger and better. It's quite a few miles farther to drive, but I think it might be worth it.


I'll share more about some of the things I got from this weekend's fair as I have more time to finish reading and doing the research. (I think there's some pretty interesting stuff to be learned, so stay tuned!) Also, if you happen to be in the Scottsdale (AZ) area on the 29th, consider checking out the expo! Or, if you're not in the area, I encourage you to do some checking and see if there are any events like this in your area. You never know what great stuff you could find!

1 comment:

  1. A good read indeed. Got some ideas to be shared to my loved ones and learned the importance of pain management. Thanks for sharing!
    Stem Cell Therapy

    ReplyDelete