Monday, September 24, 2012

LML Monday - Harkins PlayCenters and Sibling Slumber Parties

It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.  

As I mentioned the other day, I was having kind of a rough week last week. And at times like that, it can be really tempting to blow off the LML idea, and throw yourself a "nothing good happened this week" pity party. So I whined a little, and I put off coming near my computer.

But then I finally had a friendly little conversation with myself, resulting in the realization that these are the times when focusing on the good things is the most important. No matter how much we want to ignore or deny it, there is always something good to be found. And forcing myself to write these posts is always a great way to remind myself of that. (Even the best of us need those little reminders now and then.)

So here we go.

Harkins PlayCenters
Yesterday, after our traditional Sunday brunch as a family, my husband and I decided that it would be nice to have a little date of our own. We had been looking forward to seeing the latest installment of the Resident Evil franchise. (It's one of those things that he and I share - if it has to do with zombies, we're pretty much going to watch it.)

And thanks to the good people at Harkins Theaters, and their in-lobby children's PlayCenter, we all got to have a really fun afternoon. This is the second time we've taken the kids there, and they always have a blast. They can watch DVDs, or play with any number of video and computer games, toys, books, and arts & crafts. They're safe, supervised, and having fun, and mom and dad get to relax and enjoy ourselves.

Sure, the movie may not have been the best one in the series. (And really, after this many of them they're bound to start going down hill a little, so I can't really hold that against them.) All things considered, though, it was still entertaining. And they brought back several of the characters from previous movies, which is always nice to see.

But whether or not it was an Oscar-worthy movie really wasn't the point, anyway. I got to spend a little time with my husband, which thanks to his work schedule is kind of a rare treat these days. The movie could have been completely terrible, and I still would have been happy.

Sibling Slumber Parties
When we moved into our house, the kids decided that they wanted to share a bedroom. (They pretty much spend all of their time together anyway, so sharing a room just made things easier.) I'm sure when they get older they'll want their own rooms, but at this age they love sharing the space.

On Friday, they told me that they wanted to have a slumber party. I didn't get it at first, since they sleep in the same room every night, but then they showed me what they had in mind. My son had moved all of his stuff over to one side, and made room to squeeze all of his sister's blankets and pillows in with him. They climbed in, snuggled up together, and said "See? There's room for both of us! Please, can we have a slumber party?! Please-please-please-please-please?!" It was so adorable, there was just no way to refuse.


To my surprise, there was no fighting over covers, or complaining about lack of space. They just slept happily together the entire night. It was one of the sweetest things I've seen in a long time.


Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

And if you're a blogger and would like to get in on the LML fun, feel free to grab the code and join the blog hop! (And please be sure to link back here!) Your post doesn't specifically have to use the "LML" label (although you're welcome to use it if you'd like.) But if you have any kind of happy, positive Monday message that you'd like to share you're welcome to join. The more happy vibes, the better the Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment