Monday, December 24, 2012

LML Monday - Christmas Eve Edition

It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.

For me, this time of year is all about family and friends, and making the most of the holidays. It's been a crazy, busy, hectic week around here, but it has also been wonderful, and full of reasons to be happy.

My mom moved into a new house this week, so now instead of being 45 minutes away she is about 4 minutes away. (Not only did she move out to my small-ish town away from the city, but she managed to find a house in my neighborhood. It's 1/2 mile by car, and a little less to walk there.) My kids are absolutely thrilled. Since she first started talking about moving they've been talking about how great it will be to ride their bikes to Grandma's house. This week they finally got to do it. And yes, it was every bit as thrilling as they had hoped. :)

On Friday my son's class had their Christmas party, and it was (even if I do say so myself) a huge success. I read How the Grinch Stole Christmas, which I always enjoy "performing" for the kids. And I was quite impressed with how respectful and well-mannered the class was through it all. (It was a nice surprise.) We did some crafts, and had some snacks, but the most popular part of the day, it seemed, was when we let the kids make their own milk carton/graham cracker "ginger bread" houses. Again I was impressed with how well all of the kids did. And the houses turned out to be quite adorable.


And perhaps the best gift of all this year is that my brother and his family came to town to spend Christmas with us. It's been great having them here, and of course the kids could not be happier. (It turns out that very few things in life beat cousin-time.) So the house is full, and busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way. Tonight was a nice big noisy tangle of Christmas Eve chaos. And tomorrow will probably be even noisier and more chaotic. But the joy and love and laughter will be immeasurable.

I hope you are all enjoying the holidays (whichever ones you celebrate.) And if you don't celebrate any of the current holidays, I hope you are still enjoying the week. And as always, I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment