Monday, January 7, 2013

LML Monday - Flattery Women Appreciate

It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.

I have to admit that it's been kind of a rough couple of weeks around here (which might explain the lack of recent posts.) The holidays were great, and having my family visiting from out of town was great. But having everyone who lives here and some of those who were visiting get sick was not great. Luckily I didn't get it too badly, but I've definitely had my hands full taking care of those who did.

So while I may be too exhausted most of the time to write much these days (at least until everyone is back to full health) I do at least have to share one thing that happened last week. Mostly because it made me laugh, and I figured some of you would appreciate it too.

In the one open night between when I got over being sick and when my kids came down with it, we got to have dinner with my sister and her family before they had to head back home. (It was lovely, yes. But that's not the funny part.) The funny part was when I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea, and the waitress asked me if I had ID. I said "um, yeah" with what I'm sure was a very confused tone of voice. And she said "Well, can I see it?" As if it was a given, and I was dumb for not expecting it.

I actually can't remember the last time I got carded. And I've made my peace with getting older. So I kind of chuckled and asked "Seriously?" She actually took off her glasses and tilted her head to get a better look at me, and said "Well, you have to look over 35." Ok then! I gladly handed over my ID and thanked her for the little pick-me-up.

I've always been mistaken for being older than I actually am. When I was in junior high school and people thought I was in college, it was kind of cool. When I was in my early twenties and people thought I was in my thirties... it was less cool. So to be less than a month away from turning 35 and be asked to prove that I'm over 21? Yeah, it felt good. :)


Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I have the opposite problem - I just turned 30 and no one believes I am more than 22... LOL
    I'm glad you were carded - I'm sure every woman appreciates that at some point.

    My LML is that I finally get to take a whole week off from the paying job. I get to sleep in, work on the businesses and blogs, and generally do whatever I feel like. Considering the last time I took a whole week of vacation from work was over 3 years ago, this is very nice!
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally getting caught up on your posts...
    I suspect that the waitress thought you and Mandy were sisters. shrug. I also remember when you were 12 & came to stay with me over part of the summer, and one of my friends asked if your husband was in the military, too. :)

    ReplyDelete