Monday, October 14, 2013

Phoenix Zoo, Fluffernutters, and Lucky Nails


It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.


The Phoenix Zoo (and the Circle of Life)
We started off this past week with a trip to the zoo with some friends from school. It was tiring (as the ginormous Phoenix Zoo always is) but we still had a great time.


It was still kind of warm out, so we didn't see a lot of the animals, but we were still able to see some of them.




The most interesting one, though, had to be when we stumbled across this guy preparing his lunch. Yep. He was busy ripping the feathers off of the bird that he had just caught. It was a bit startling at first, but it made for a good discussion about the circle of life.



National Fluffernutter Day
Tuesday (October 8th) was National Fluffernutter Day. And since I had never actually had a fluffernutter before, it seemed like something that we just had to try.

It's just like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, but you use marshmallow fluff instead of jelly.



My daughter was just a tad excited about it.


I love my son's expression here. Like it's so good that they must be getting away with something.


Yep. That's some pretty gooey deliciousness.


Another parenting win!



Lucky Dice (and a Surprise Trip to Vegas)
I decided to try something a little different with my nails last week. My husband and I were planning to surprise the kids with their first trip to Las Vegas for the last few days of Fall Break, so I figured I'd bring some lucky dice along.


As usual, my daughter wanted her nails done to match. (How adorable is that on those little fingers?!)


They were SO excited. Within about ten minutes my daughter had declared it to be "the coolest city ever!" They loved seeing all of the cool sights along the strip, and watching the Bellagio fountains from our room.


And of course I had a blast showing them all of the sights.


Of course it was exhausting, but we had a great trip.


And we were sad to say goodbye.


Some of us sadder than others.


At least her nails looked good, though, right? ;)


Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment