Friday, July 29, 2011

If You Give a Girl a Blog...

I remember when my oldest niece was growing up, and If You Give a Mouse a Cookie was one of her favorite books. (And I admit that even though I was a teenager at the time, I loved it too.) So I wasn't surprised at all when I introduced it to my own kids and they instantly fell in love with it.

They've been wanting to get more of the books from the "If You Give..." series, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. Then earlier this week we were shopping at the Borders going-out-of-business sale (since we had some gift cards to use before they were rendered worthless) and I found a very cute collection of several of the books packaged together.


It doesn't include all of the books in the series, but it does have If You Give a Mouse a CookieIf You Give a  Pig a PancakeIf You Give a Moose a Muffin, and If You Take a Mouse to School. Between each story there are also recipes, activities, and songs. The book also came with a CD which includes audio versions of each book and recordings of the silly songs. (And the bonus for me was that this one collection cost a little less than what two of the books alone would have cost. Gotta love a bargain.)

So what we've learned from all of this is:

If you read your kids one of the "If You Give..." books,
they're going to fall in love with it.
And then they'll ask you to read it again.
So you'll read it several more times, until they have it memorized.
Then they'll discover that there are other books in the series
and beg you to get those for them too.
So you'll go to the bookstore.
And chances are, if you get more of the books,
They're going to fall in love with those too.


Happy reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment