Friday, July 8, 2011

This too shall pass.

My apologies for the lack of positive spin on last night's post. But when your stomach has turned inside out several times, even after you think there couldn't possibly be anything left in it, it's hard to think at all, let alone think of a bright side of your current situation.

 Things still aren't as cheery around here as I would like them to be. Being vertical is not my favorite position. I'm sure seeing me try to walk around would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

And I just had toast for dinner.

But after spending most of the afternoon in bed, in that wonderful illness-induced fog that isn't quite sleep but is better than nothing, I'm finally starting to feel a little better. My head is clearing, at least, even if the queasiness isn't.

And of course, the moment the fog lifted, the bright side of my situation suddenly became abundantly clear. Even while I was laying there, doubled over and making little pathetic whimpering noises, it occurred to me that I was only having to deal with my own misery, and not having to clean up after any other sick people in the house.

If you're a mom, you know what I'm talking about. Usually when you get sick it's because you were taking care of the sick kids and/or husband, which you have to continue to do even after it hits you. But this time, mercifully, I'm the only sick one here. I may still have to deal with caring for others while I'm sick - there's just no getting around that. But at least I'm not caring for other sick people. That, absolutely, is the bright side of the situation.

And if that wasn't enough, I also just discovered that I've lost six pounds in the last two days. So there's that too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment