Monday, October 1, 2012

LML Monday - Blogging, Food Courts & Falling Temperatures

It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here. 

Blogging
I'll skip the "where has the time gone?!" whine, and just say "Happy October!" Yes, today is October 1st, and so begins the next round of the Ultimate Blog Challenge. And with my friend Miss Riki doing her typically contagious cheerleading, how could I not participate again?


This will be my 3rd time participating in (and hopefully my 2nd time completing) the Challenge. It's always a good time, and I'm excited to be joining in again. If you're a blogger, and haven't yet joined - it's not too late! Sign up and start blogging. Meet some great people. Learn some new things. And discover some fabulous blogs.

Food Courts
The kids and I had to do some shopping on Friday, so we decided to just make an evening of it and have some fun. Now I may not be the biggest fan of malls, but my kids love it. And they love getting to eat at the food court. Mostly because it's different, and that makes it exciting.

Plus, the mall that we sometimes go to has a carousel in the food court, which makes it even more exciting. So I can get past my dislike of the crowds and the parking issues and enjoy seeing my kids have fun. Because that makes just about anything worthwhile.

Food courts are fun.


Food courts with carousels are even more fun.


























Falling Temperatures
I always hesitate to use the phrase "cooler weather" here in Arizona, mostly because the rest of the country would laugh at me. But when you've been having temperatures in the 110+ range for several months, the upper 90s can seem downright chilly. (It's all relative, right?)

And while the change in seasons may not mean breaking out the sweaters for those of us here in the desert, it does mean that we can go outside again without risking a heat stroke. So of course the kids and I are taking advantage of it every chance we get.

I love the chance to get outside again. Being out and enjoying nature (provided it's at a time when the heat doesn't instantly begin to cook me) always makes me happy. And as you can see, the kids are loving it too.



Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

And if you're a blogger and would like to get in on the LML fun, feel free to grab the code and join the blog hop! (And please be sure to link back here!) Your post doesn't specifically have to use the "LML" label (although you're welcome to use it if you'd like.) But if you have any kind of happy, positive Monday message that you'd like to share you're welcome to join. The more happy vibes, the better the Monday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment