Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Witch Hat Cookies, Part 2


Because we had so much fun making the first round of cookies, and because I just can't leave well enough alone, I made a new batch with a few design changes. So of course I had to share these too.

This time instead of the Fudge Stripes cookies I used Grasshopper Fudge Mint cookies. (Besides having such a problem with the Fudge Stripes breaking, I also thought they were a little big in relation to the Kisses, so I wanted to try something a little smaller.) Plus, mint chocolate cookies are just awesome.


This time we didn't have any problems with the cookies sticking together or breaking. (Score one for this recipe!)


Plus, these cookies don't have holes in the center, so they were a little easier to put together. (Putting a dollop of frosting in the center is simpler and requires slightly less skill than putting a ring of frosting around a hole.) And this way you also don't have to deal with frosting squishing out the bottom.
















So when it's all said and done, I don't know that I necessarily prefer one variation to the other. These had their merits, but the problems we had with the other ones weren't big enough to make them less worthwhile. They're all cute, and all fun to make (and eat!)


No comments:

Post a Comment