Monday, September 16, 2013

Alice, Elephants, and Zombie Gnomes


It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.



As I mentioned before, the kids decided to try out for the school play. And they are now both officially "Dodgsonland characters" in this year's production of Alice in Wonderland, Jr. (Those are the kids in the "real world" part of the play, before and after Alice actually goes to Wonderland.) They had their first rehearsal last week, and it was adorable.



To help them get into the spirit of things, they asked if we could watch the movie, so we watched the Disney version for Movie Night on Friday. I hadn't seen it in many years, so it was fun to watch it again, and to share it with the kids.




I don't know what inspired this drawing, but it brought me incredible joy. I absolutely love my daughter's artwork, and this was just so adorable that I had to share.




And speaking of random things that brought me joy, my daughter pointed this out in the grocery store this afternoon. I've never actually been a fan of the typical garden gnome. (I don't have anything against anyone who likes them. They've just never been my thing.) But this... this I could see myself owning. I may just have to go back and pick one up.



Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment