Monday, September 2, 2013

Bananas, Musicals, and End-of-Summer Nails


It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.



This past Tuesday (August 27th) was Banana Lover's Day. And since everyone in this house loves bananas almost as much as we love celebrating silly random holidays, we decided to do something special.



And that's how a banana, a box of banana flavored pudding, and a box of Nilla Wafers turned an ordinary Tuesday into a party.



The kids both decided that they'd like to be in the school musical this year, so my husband and I took them to their auditions on Friday afternoon.



I was nervous for them, but they both did great. My daughter sang "In the Highways" (from the O Brother, Where Art Thou? soundtrack) and my son sang "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" (complete with incredibly theatrical hand gestures.) They were both quite adorable.


And since today is Labor Day, which for most people means one last hurrah before the end of summer, it seemed like a good excuse to pull out the nail kit and do one last summer themed manicure with my daughter.





Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment