Monday, August 20, 2012

LML Monday - Bouncing Back & Sharing the Love

It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.


Bouncing Back
Today I am most thankful to say that I am feeling much better than I was at this time last week. That irritating bug hung on for most of the week (no matter how many times I told myself that it was going to go away any time now.) I still have a tiny bit of lingering congestion, but other than that I'm basically back to my old self. And the kids, as usual, bounced back even more quickly than I did. I was very glad to see that they didn't have to suffer very long at all.

Being sick is never fun, but after it passes it does kind of give you a renewed sense of vitality, doesn't it? (At least it does for me.) Over the weekend I found myself doing laundry, cleaning the house, and taking care of all the other things I had been putting off all week - and actually enjoying it, because I could move around without feeling like my head would explode. It never hurts to have a change in perspective now and then. :)

Sharing the Love
Like I said when I started this blog, one of my original goals was "to remind you to always look for the bright side" of any given situation. And as my LML movement started, it's also been my goal to not only have you look on the bright side, but to share it and spread the joy. Focus on the happy side of life, and encourage everyone else to do the same. And I've loved what I've seen!

Now it's time for the next evolution. I've had some suggestions from friends and readers and other bloggers that I host a blog hop (or something of that sort) and let other bloggers help spread the LML joy. I think this is an awesome idea, and I'm sad that it's taken me this long to get around to putting any serious thought into it. Not that I was ignoring the suggestion, but my focus is always pulled in so many directions that taking on something new often has to get put on the back burner.

But as I finally started working on a way to get started... I realized that I'm kind of out of my depth on this one. There is such a myriad of sites and styles and tools and ways of doing blog hops, etc. that I realized I should really get some advice before I dive in. So that's where you come it. If you have any experience in this area, I would really appreciate your opinions and suggestions.

I'm hoping to have something up for next week's installment. So for you other bloggers out there - I'd love for you to start thinking about joining in with your own LML Monday post. I have a feeling that you'll find, as I did, that keeping your eyes open for post ideas will really help you focus on the things that are going well in your life. Projecting the positive always feels better than noticing the negative. Give it a try!

4 comments:

  1. Last year a fellow blogger did a blog hop. He gathered some bloggers to participate and offered a prize to anyone who read and commented on all the blogs in the hop from beginning to end.

    Unfortunately, all the people involved had very small lists as they were just starting out so very few people participated.

    If you are just looking for more comments, then you could all comment on each other's blog and tweet and share. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's not really so much about just getting more comments (although of course comments are always nice.) But really it's more about just having fun with it, and letting people connect with other like-minded people with a positive message. :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Well, I know I suggested it, but the truth is, I don't really know much about the process. I play along with a few, but I don't know how they get started. Of the ones I participate with, I like the 5 Question Friday the most because it's the only one that's set up as an actual "blog hop" rather than just a "link up", and I like that you can easily add the list to your own blog. (Though a lot of people don't, which defeats the purpose.) If you want to see what I'm talking about, you can check out http://fivecrookedhalos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheri! I think I'm going to use the 5QF as a guide. Like you pointed out, I like the way it's set up so that everyone can display the list (but you're right - a lot of the ones I looked at didn't actually do it.) At least it's an option for those that want it, though.

      I'm finally starting to get a picture in my head for how (I think) I want it to look. Now I just have to see if I can figure out how to do it. Thanks for getting me into this. :P

      Delete