Monday, August 6, 2012

LML Monday - Cute Sandals & Imported Ice Cream


It's Monday! Time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week and reminded us how much we love our lives. And of course now's the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! (If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.)

The Summer of Cute Sandals
The kids' summer vacation may be coming to an end this week, but the actual summer will still be here for a little while. (And here in Arizona, it will still feel like summer long after it officially ends.)  And one of the great things about living in a place where it's SO hot for SO much of the year (because we always look on the bright side here) is that we have months and months and months of great sandal weather.

For years, I was strictly a flip-flop girl. I have a super-comfortable pair of plain black flip-flops that I would wear pretty much all the time unless I was forced for some reason to wear "real" shoes. But this summer, for some reason, I found myself actually buying several new pairs of sandals. (And if you know me then you know how much I hate shopping of any kind, including shoe shopping. So this was kind of a big deal.)

I ended up with quite a few really cute pairs. (So much so that I officially declared this to be "the summer of cute sandals.") And every time I wear any of them, they always make me smile. There are more, but these are two of my favorites.

















Imported Ice Cream
There was a time when you could only get Blue Bell Ice Cream if you were lucky enough to actually be in Texas. (It was just one of many reasons why it was better to live in Texas than anywhere else on earth.) But those of us poor souls who were forced to live elsewhere simply had to do without. (Yes, you can have it shipped anywhere in the country, but it costs a bit more than most of us are willing to pay for ice cream. Even if it is the best in the world.)

But thankfully the powers that be finally decided to bless the less fortunate, and started exporting Blue Bell to other states. (It's still not available everywhere, but fortunately for me I live in one of the lucky states.) So now, for the occasional treat, my family gets to enjoy our favorite ice cream. And this past week we tried Blue Bell's latest flavor - Summer Strawberry Pie. All I can say is... YUM! 

So when it's summertime, and it's ridiculously hot outside, we can either whine about it being too miserable to go outside, or we can sit inside with our favorite people and enjoy a nice cold delicious treat. You know which one we chose here. :)



Now it's your turn. Please feel free to share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy times, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment