Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things

We took the kids to see the re-release of Jurassic Park over the weekend. (Sure we have it on DVD, and could have watched it at home for free. But why pass up the chance to pay $15 per person to see it?) There is something kind of cool about taking your kids to the theater to see a movie that you saw there as a kid. Plus, you know, it's in 3-D now.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. I had my doubts going into it, but I thought they did a pretty decent job with the special effects. It still didn't really need to be in 3-D, but it was kind of cool. And the kids enjoyed it, which was the point of it all, so I was glad we did it.

No matter how good the movie might have been, though, the best part - without a doubt - was my daughter's addition.

There is a scene toward the end of the movie when the two kids come back to the safety of the visitor center and find an unattended buffet spread out on the tables. They've worked up an appetite while on their dinosaur adventure, so they eagerly dig in to the food. It's a classic "kids being kids" moment, as they grab handfuls (and huge mouth fulls) of cakes and pies and other treats.

Watching the silliness, my daughter suddenly blurts out "REALLY?!"

Now, I can't say for sure that the entire audience heard her. But judging by the amount of laughter that followed it, I'd say at least most of them did. I might have been embarrassed, but it was just too perfect that all we could do was laugh.

3 comments:

  1. Hahah I have been at movies before and heard kids blurt out random stuff about the movie that made me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing too! That was awesome! I wish I'd written down all the silly things my kids said through the years!

    ReplyDelete