Monday, April 29, 2013

Toasted Marshmallows and Unopened First Aid Kits


It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.


Like I mentioned on Friday, my family and I headed out into the woods over the weekend for our first camping trip with the Cub Scouts. Not only did we survive, but we managed to have a fantastic time along the way. I have many wonderful pictures and stories to share, in what is looking now like a six-part "Camping Adventure" series to come. So I hope you'll stay tuned! :)

But for the sake of today's post, I'll just start with a couple of the highlights.

Toasted Marshmallows (and S'Mores, or course!)
One of the best parts of camping (for me, anyway) is the campfire. I love the smell of the burning wood, and the warmth that it offers on a cold night, and how relaxing it is to just sit and watch the dancing flames while enjoying a peaceful night out in nature.


Of course for the kids, the campfire is important for another reason. Yep, all day Saturday my daughter kept asking "Is it time for s'mores yet?" and "Can we toast the marshmallows now?" Fortunately the waiting didn't kill her like she seemed to think it would, and that night we finally got to toast the marshmallows and make some ooey-gooey s'mores.

The kids were adorable, holding the forks oh-so-carefully over the flames. (They're like me, and don't like to catch the marshmallows on fire. Just a slow, gentle toasting is good for us.) And their delighted faces once they bit into the s'mores were priceless. Definitely one of our favorite moments of the whole trip.


Unopened First Aid Kits
My daughter has a tendency to fall down and get hurt. A lot. (The poor thing inherited some of her mom's balance and grace, I'm afraid.) So one of my main concerns about our camping adventure weekend was having a well-stocked first aid kit. And I admit, I was a little nervous as I tried to anticipate how she might hurt herself, and whether I would be prepared for it.

But I'm thrilled to say that my fully stocked kit went completely untouched this weekend. We didn't need any bandages, or disinfectant, or any of the myriad of supplies that I had packed. We were able to explore, and discover, and have an adventure without a serious medical incident. And that made me very happy.





Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

And if you're a blogger and would like to get in on the LML fun, feel free to grab the code and join the blog hop! Your post doesn't specifically have to use the "LML" label (although you're welcome to use it if you'd like, and the graphic that goes along with it.) If you have any kind of happy, positive Monday message that you'd like to share you're welcome to join. The more happy vibes, the better the Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment