Friday, April 26, 2013

No Phones, No Lights, No Motorcars (or something like that)

www.fs.usda.gov

I will be going off the grid, so to speak, for the next couple of days. The family and I are headed out to the woods for our first Cub Scout camp out. (The picture above is a Forrest Service photo of the area close to where we'll be.) Beautiful, yes? With the temperatures here in the valley already reaching the 90s, we're definitely looking forward to escaping the heat for a few days in the high country.

It should be an interesting experience, since our kids have never been camping before. (I know. I'm more than a little ashamed of that. Better late than never, though, right?) They're very excited, and have been doing a countdown for the past week or so. And telling everyone they see that "We're going camping this weekend!!!"

I'm hoping to come back with plenty of great stories to share with all of you. So... wish me luck. I haven't been camping since I was a kid, and neither has my husband. I'm pretty sure I still remember how to do it. And I'm almost certain that the kids are going to love it. Mostly, I just hope I don't look like too much of a newbie in front of all the experienced scouting families. :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the camping trip! I haven't been since I was a kid!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! It was a great time. And we came back with many great pictures stories to share. :)

      Delete