Monday, July 15, 2013

Arcades, All Stars, and Awesomely Bad Movies


It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here

Arcades
My husband had the idea over the weekend that we should go somewhere we had never been before. So we headed over to our local Dave & Buster's (a place we had talked about going before, but never got around to it.) It's not someplace that I would go every day (it's loud, and exhausting) but we had a good time. The food was decent (if a bit overpriced), and there were plenty of games to keep us entertained for quite a while.




All Stars
We took the kids shoe shopping last week (part of the back-to-school joy) and because Famous Footwear is having a BOGO sale, I decided to treat myself to something.



Yep. Those are my awesome new purple Converse All Stars. I know it's silly to be this excited about a pair of shoes. But I've always wanted these, and yet for some reason never got around to getting them. Now they're mine. And they're adorable.

I was so excited I even did a coordinating manicure.



Awesomely Bad Movies
Please, please tell me you caught Sharknado on the Syfy channel last week! It was, by far, the best bad movie I've seen in a very long time. And I do mean bad. It was terrible. Awful, even. But it was so, so funny. A ridiculous scenario combined seamlessly with the incredibly bad acting that was rivaled only by the horrible special effects to create a perfect storm of badness.

Still not convinced? Check out these clips:



Or, if you just want to see the best moment on TV ever, check out the clip found here. (Sorry, I couldn't get it to embed here, but trust me when I say it's worth following the link.) Yes, that's Ian Ziering jumping into a shark with a chainsaw. And then cutting himself out of the shark. And then pulling out the girl that was eaten a few minutes before.

I mean, seriously - how could you not love this?! And in case you missed it, there is good news. Syfy is showing it again this Thursday, the 18th. Go! Set your DVR now!



Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and let's all have a great week!

And if you're a blogger and would like to get in on the LML fun, feel free to grab the code and join the blog hop! Your post doesn't specifically have to use the "LML" label (although you're welcome to use it if you'd like, and the graphic that goes along with it.) If you have any kind of happy, positive Monday message that you'd like to share you're welcome to join. The more happy vibes, the better the Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Converse All Stars are definitely something to be excited about - I bought a pair of flaming high-tops when I was back in Japan. I love those things!
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete