Friday, July 13, 2012

Feeling Fabulous

So my plan for today was to launch my first themed day: Fun Fact Friday (because it has a nice ring to it, and sounded like fun.)

Now imagine my surprise and delight this morning when I received notification that I've been honored by a fellow blogger with the Fabulous Blog Ribbon. (Delighted because it is always wonderful to be recognized by other bloggers, but also because the "rules" of the award fit perfectly with the launch of Fun Fact Friday.) I always love it when things in my life just seem to click into place and support each other.

The award (which came to me from Midnight Musings - I hope you'll go check her out) says that I must now share with you 5 Fabulous Moments, 5 Likes, 5 Dislikes (aka "fun facts") and 5 Fabulous Bloggers. So here goes:

5 Fabulous Moments (in chronological order)
Margaritas on the beach in Mexico
Marrying my best friend
Hearing my kids' heartbeats for the first time
Graduating from College
Getting the keys to our first house

5 Things I Love (in no particular order)
When kids laugh
Having other mom friends
Books, books, books!
Balloons
Texas

5 Things I Dislike (again in no particular order)
Shopping
"Reality" Shows
Constant Complainers
Closed minds
Things that don't work like they're supposed to

5 Fabulous Bloggers (in alphabetical order)
This one was tough to narrow down, so I'm just going to share some of my most recent discoveries that I've been enjoying.
Around the World in a Lifetime
Brighter Horizons: My little piece of Earth
Idle Chatter: Random thoughts on life
My Inspired Life With Fibromyalgia
The Daily Hottentots: little drops of wisdom from someone who isn't so wise

7 comments:

  1. Cool! You're my favorite blogger. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, and thanks so much for the mention! Hasn't UBC been great for finding new friends?

    And, btw, I am right there with you on the whole reality show thing. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and you're welcome. :) The UBC has been wonderful. I've met some great people and discovered some great blogs. And to think, I almost didn't do it. Thank goodness for last minute decisions!

      Delete
  3. Nice post and gave me some ideas too. I think reality shows have past their sell-by date and I look forward to end of them. I also love books and will be checking out some of the blogs you mentioned.

    Congrats on your award :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I was able to help inspire some new ideas - it's great when we can feed off of each other. :)

      Delete
  4. Kid laugh is the BEST! Thanks so much! Ü

    ReplyDelete