Saturday, July 28, 2012

Little Sisters

I mentioned last week how awesome big brothers can be. Of course not to be outdone, my daughter reminded me a few days later that little sisters are pretty great too.


My son woke up one morning complaining of a tummy ache. (Not to worry - he's fine. It was just one of those icky, "I don't feel good" kind of mornings.) After trying and failing to get him to eat anything for breakfast, I persuaded him to snuggle up on the couch to rest and recuperate.

I got him settled in with his blanket and pillow, and some cartoons on TV - all the things that are pretty much guaranteed to help an upset tummy. Trying to think of anything else that might help comfort him, I asked if he wanted his teddy bear.

As soon as he said "yes, please" in his tired, weak little voice, his sister (who had been hovering nearby just waiting for a chance to help) yelled "I'll go get it!" and ran upstairs faster than I've ever seen her go. When she returned, she gave her big brother his bear, and a loving sisterly hug to go with it.

It was definitely one of those proud-mommy moments, seeing how much my kids love and care for each other. It's true what I said before, that every girl should be lucky enough to have a big brother. But let's not forget that the boys who have little sisters are pretty lucky too. :)

5 comments:

  1. Adorable. May they always be so free with their affection for each other. (And glad the tummy ache wasn't anything serious.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and Sisters who have little sisters are pretty lucky, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, of course! I think siblings in general are pretty great.

      And at least neither of my big sisters ever spit in my hair, so you have that going for you too. ;)

      Delete